What are the sweetest words any mother can hear coming from her child’s lips? Other than “I love you, Mommy”, of course? Well, in my opinion, it comes down to two simple syllables…”Okay.” That word, when uttered in response to a request, elicits a sigh of peace and a sense of relief. If I am braced for a battle, this reply instantly relaxes me and offers a surprising respite. In my Bible study recently, Beth Moore described how Scripture tells us how much easier it is for God to pour out His love for us when we are obedient. Of course, God’s love for us is not conditional. He does not love us any more or less depending on the quality of our behavior. However, it is easier for Him to demonstrate His love for us when we are close to Him and following His Word. Accordingly, don’t we as mothers want to cuddle up and share a book or spend more time playing a game when our child’s sweetness factor is at its peak? At the other end of the spectrum, when Hannah acts up or treats me rudely, I want to separate myself from her. Sassy behavior resulted in time in her bedroom this afternoon. Naturally, I love Hannah even when she tells me that I don’t know anything or I am the worst. But oh, my goodness, how I adore hearing that rare word “Okay”!
AMEN, SISTER!!!!
ReplyDelete